Monday, March 7, 2011

POCCH going to Brent Subic

This was definitely a hectic day. I had to mix Annie Production and being with the POCCH children.
I was only in one scene for the Annie Run-through and I was there for about 20 minutes. Then I came
rushing back to the children in my group.

When I first saw them coming down the stairs it felt real good to have them scream my name "Ate Kay." many times. They all greeted me and hugged me. I felt real guilty for not being able to come through with my ideas to have another visit there.

The children came up with a group name and i was rather amused with the name "Askals" meaning streetdogs.
I could see that the children were distracted by the jungle gym which made it harder to control them because
they wanted to play. The only difficulties were having to call their name repeatedly to join our group. However
I did enjoy having the Spoon race with the ping pongs. My group never won but I think they were having too
much fun to realize that they lost, which was the best part.  The children kept calling my name frequently just
to greet me every now and then during their visit. I'm glad I was able to leave such an impression on them
that my name was able to stick especially when we did the HUMAN BINGO. They considered me "pretty", "funny", "nice", and "trustworthy". Having them ask me to sign those characteristics were nice to hear that
I gave them those impressions.

We finally had time to just eat and talk, it reminded me of my cousins I have at home and having to ready
dinner time or snack time for them. Even Mr.Chandler thought I was very "motherly". I get that a lot from
people because my friends think I'm more of a mother than a teenager.

When the children had to leave it was quite heartbreaking because they kept repeating goodbye.
Even Nicole (one of the children) she was kissing the van's glass to kiss me. I really want to think of something for them to do. However right now this March is very busy. I was thinking of having them visit again in April while we are just having reviews and no more internal assessments to worry about. Maybe have a summer party since Filipino school end in the first week of April.

1 comment:

  1. "I really want to think of something for them to do. However right now this March is very busy. I was thinking of having them visit again in April while we are just having reviews and no more internal assessments to worry about. Maybe have a summer party since Filipino school end in the first week of April. "

    Seems like a familiar tune, lots of 'thinking' and 'planning', but with the 'right now ... is very busy'. If you really, truly, want to show your commitment not just to your program, but to the kids, then you will MAKE time to follow through on even just one of these 'plans', right?

    ReplyDelete